Introducing a positive, thorough training guide for dogs who are aggressive towards people and/or other dogs. Available via instant download!
Author, Beverly Hebert has a B.S. degree in nursing, plus 20 years of experience as a professional writer. For the past 5 years she has been a professional dog trainer. Her dog writing credits include published articles in Whole Dog Journal, the APDT Chronicle of the Dog, and Dog Fancy. Her goal for this writing project was to make rehabilitating your aggressive dog as simple, clear and reader friendly as possible.
Beverly was inspired to create this guide when a dog owner lamented that she had just finished yet another book about how to work with reactive dogs, but was still not sure how to get started, and still asking herself, “Now what?". The Aggression Guide began with a critical review/evaluation of many reference materials including correspondence with other trainers. Beverly especially drew on the work of Brenda Aloff, Jean Donaldson, Dr. Lore Haug, Dr. Patricia McConnell, Pat Miller, Dr. Karen Overall, and Emma Parsons.
Why This Guide Is So Unique:
- Step-by-Step detailed instructions on how to effectively manage and train your reactive or aggressive dog in real life scenarios using positive and gentle techniques.
- Single page handouts make it easier to absorb and remember bits of information (remember learning to read and spell with flash cards?).
- The organization of within the package provides a logical progression for training activities and exercises.
- You can print out individual pages making the information easily portable.
- Instant receipt via downloadable 34 page PDF. Get started helping your dog today!
What the Behavior Modification Training Guide for Reactive & Aggressive Dogs Can Do For You:
- If you are a dog trainer: The Guide will help you start off on the right foot and then keep you on track with an effective regimen for reactive dogs.
- If you are a pet owner: The Guide will help you to understand and recognize what comprises a good training program and how to work with your dog in a way that will make things better instead of worse.
A Look At What’s Included:
- Intro to Behavior Modification
- How to Get Started
- Conditioning Calmness
- Playing Follow the Leader
- Going for a Walk with Cujo
- Instructions for Counter-Conditioning Exercises
- Emergency Handling Strategies
- Accepting Approaches of Unfamiliar People and Dogs
- Behavior at the Door
- Welcoming Visitors Into Your Home
- How to Deal with Resource Guarding
- References and Recommended Reading List
- And much more!
- The guide is marvelous! It’s clear, succinct, and wise. Thank you! - Susan Conant, Newton, MA Three-time recipient of the Maxwell Award for Fiction Writing, Dog Writers Association of America. Author of mystery series featuring Holly Winter of Cambridge, MA and her Alaskan malamutes Rowdy and Kimi
- I ordered a copy for myself, and it is EXCELLENT. It’s also a bargain.- Best wishes, Rachel Long, Bellecreek Sports Dog Training Center, Pearland, TX
- It’s worth more than ten dollars, that is for sure... It’s much more extensive than I thought it would be and I am just so pleased! Lynne Benson-Colbert, M.S. TrueHeart Dog Training, Belmont, CA.
Are you a dog trainer? Consider the Professional Trainer’s Edition which includes permission to reproduce individual handout pages.
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $35* is FREE!
For US orders under $35 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $35 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.