The HALTI head halter (or head harness) will gently stop your dog from pulling. The HALTI Optifit has lots of great features and adjustability to fit all dog breeds, including short nosed breeds.
- Deters pulling gently & securely!: Invented by Dr. Roger Mugford, The Halti Optifit steers your dog's head so that his body has to follow. It offers extra control for very strong dogs or smaller handlers, disabled handlers or those with multiple dogs. Also helpful for jumping, and lunging.
- Fits all breeds!: the HALTI Optifit has been designed to give you dog an optimum fit. The adjustable chin strap with a sliding camlock maintains a comfortable and secure fit for all breeds of dogs whether they have a short nose like a boxer or a long nose like a greyhound. It will not rise up into your dogs eyes or restrict panting, eating and drinking. The side straps follow the natural contours of a dogs face preventing interference with his or her mouth.
- Comfy & well-made: Features cushioned padding around the nose band. Made from lightweight, yet strong nylon webbing with a dual interlocking plastic buckle on the neck collar.
- Great safety features: Reflective strips on both sides for nighttime safety. The HALTI Safety Link, which connects to the dog’s regular collar for added security is included.
- Not a muzzle!: Your dog can eat, pant, pick up a ball (or even bite).
- Fitting & use tips: Training Guide DVD included! You will need to take your time with teaching your dog to wear the HALTI Optifit so that your dog has a positive association with the collar. Most dogs will accept wearing a head collar, but it may take a bit of patience. Remember when you first put a collar on a puppy and they try and scratch it off? This is exactly the same and if you persevere your dog will soon get used to it. Never leave the HALTI on an unsupervised dog or he may chew it. Not for use with a leash longer than 6 feet, and works great with our Bungee Leashes.
- Pet Expertise trainer's note: We generally recommend for dogs that pull to first try using a no-pull harness since dogs tend to accept them easier. If your dog is still very strong using a no-pull harness along with training, then a head collar such as the HALTI Optifit is a great choice, but it does take some time to teach the dog to accept wearing any head halter. The HALTI Optifit is our current favorite head collar because of all the great features and low price. More help can be found here: Teach Your Dog to Wear a Head Halter and a great video.
Small: Westie, Jack Russell, Yorkie, Border Terrier, Beagle, Small Spaniels
Medium: Cattledog, Springer Spaniel, Border Collie, Labrador, German Shepherd, Boxer, Doberman, Retrievers
Large: Rottweiler, Great Dane, Newfoundland, Large German Shepherd
View the HALTI Harness in action:
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse in California.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $49* is FREE!
For US order under $49 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $49 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.