The Calming Cap / ThunderCap from ThunderShirt is a wonderful tool for easing your dog’s anxiety in high-stress situations.
- The Calming Cap is not a blindfold! The Calming Cap / Thunder Cap is a soft fabric mask that reduces agitating visual stimulation. The see-through fabric window makes your dog’s vision less distinct, while still allowing your dog to easily navigate his or her surroundings (and even play ball!)
- Invented by dog trainers: The Calming Cap was designed by Trish King, CPDT CDBC, in collaboration with Lisa Moore, CPDT. The Cap was developed originally to ease hyperactivity in a dog that became agitated while traveling in a car. Since then, pet owners and professionals across the pet industry have used the Cap to quiet and calm anxious or excitable dogs.
- See-through fabric window offers enough vision to confidently navigate surroundings while reducing the visual stimulation.
- Soft fabric and elastic fit provides maximum comfort.
- Easy on/off.
- Neutral gray fabric.
- The Calming Cap can help to calm your dog so you can do more effective training for:
- Barking in the car and carsickness.
- Barking at other dogs or animals on a walk.
- Grooming / nail trimming and veterinary procedures.
- Thunderstorm phobia (if your dog is frightened by the lightning flashes). Great for use with theThunderShirt.
- Whenever something your dog sees is making him nervous and you would like to help him stay calm while you teach him it’s okay.
The Calming Cap comes with instructions. It is important to teach your dog to love wearing the Thunder Cap first using lots of tasty treats, before using it to treat anxiety. Do not use the Calming Cap when your dog is unattended.
Note: The Calming Cap by ThunderShirt will not be effective on all dogs. If it does not help your dog or you don’t like it for any reason, you can return it to us for a refund of your purchase price within 30 days.
X-Small Snout Circumference 3-6": Most toy breeds such as Chihuahuas and Yorkshire Terriers
Small Snout Circumference 5-8": Small dogs such as Terriers, and Cocker Spaniels and Shelties
Medium Snout Circumference 7-10": Cattle dogs, Retrievers, small German Shepherd Dogs, Border Collies
Large Snout Circumference 9-12": Giant breeds, Mountain Dogs, Large Shepherd Dogs, Rottweilers
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $35* is FREE!
For US orders under $35 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $29 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.