Dog exerciser and dog-powered bicycle in one! This wonderful new dog bicycle attachment is extremely stable and easy to use, and it can even allow your dog to propel you!
Color RED and Mount on Left side of bike.
- The Bike Tow Leash (or BTL) dog bicycle attachment was invented by Mike Leon, as a better way to exercise the guide dogs that he raises. The Bike Tow Leash is superior to any dog bike attachment available because it allows the dog to propel the bicycle (if you wish) and avoid obstacles. It is also easy to install and extremely stable. Even if your dog stops to potty suddenly, you will not be knocked over!
- Your dog will learn to use the Bike Tow Leash quickly and will enjoy the freedom to run at his own pace. If your dog wants to go faster than you can pedal, you can allow him to propel your bike. Instead of holding your dog back, let him take you for a ride!
- Proven safe. We've used this dog bike leash for over 6 years without a scratch! The Bike Tow Leash's unique patented mast prevents the bike from tipping when the dog pulls, reduces any jolts and gently trains your dog to stay in heel position. The resilient design will allow your dog to catch up when you turn away, notifies dogs of turns toward them and allows dogs to drop behind the bike to avoid obstacles.
- Great for fun, exercise and exploration. The Bike Tow Leash will allow you to exercise your dog in less time while covering the same or even more distance! Imagine going more places with your dog as exercise partner and companion: trail rides, camping, the park and store . Remember the dog trainer mantra: "A tired dog is a good dog!"
- The Bike Tow Leash installs and removes in about a minute without tools. Move it from bicycle to bicycle or simply clip it to the back of your seat out of the way when riding without your dog.
- Made in the USA and patent pending.
- Sizing and Use: The Bike Tow Leash adjusts to fit all dog heights. It works best with bikes with fat tires. The BikeTowLeash can be used on adult tricycles as well. The Bike Tow Leash is best used off road since unpaved ground is easiest on the dog's joints. You can attach the Bike Tow Leash to your dog's flat collar or a harness. We recommend a harness as it is gentler on your dog's neck. We offer several harnesses that may work for your dog and they are listed in the related products section. The Bike Tow Leash should not be used by children younger than 15 years of age or with a body weight lighter than 80 pounds. Strict parental supervision of children using the BTL is strongly recommended. The BTL should not be used by riders carrying children on the bike. Use of the BTL is suggested for adult dogs 20 lbs and up that have had a complete veterinary examination to rule out cardiovascular or musculoskeletal problems.
- Quote from Matt Kasprzyk of Bicycle Times Magazine: "What I found most impressive is the ability of the leash to keep the dog away from the bike, with enough flexibility to avoid small obstacles and adjust position [...] The leash installed easily without tools on almost all of the bikes taking over my dining room, including hardtail mountain bikes, road and cyclocross bikes. Full-suspension mountain bikes are the only ones that created any conflict. [...] It safely kept my dog in a proper heel position to the side of the bike. I was able to easily observe his condition and position while riding, and even after Zero abruptly stopped a few times to relieve himself, he didn’t get tangled with the bike or injured."
- Click to view the Instruction Guide.
- Click to view additional information and an installation video.
- American Pet Association approved! Read report.
- Click the play button below to view a video of the Bike Tow Leash in action:
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $35* is FREE!
For US orders under $35 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $35 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.