Anxious, Shy or Nervous Dog
Your anxious dog needs to be taught that his world is safe, which he learns when you provide positive experiences and avoid any "corrections" or punishments. It is most effective to train your dog to associate something he is afraid of with something good using baby steps. You can also build confidence by including fun tricks in his training.
The products below have been selected to help calm your dog's fear of: Strangers or other animals, Visiting the vet, Traveling in the car, Thunderstorms or fireworks, Boarding or grooming, Separation anxiety, Going to a new home. Click for a helpful article on helping your dog overcome fear.
- Calming Aids for Shy or Nervous Dogs
- The ThunderShirt Can Help Calm Your Dog
- Calming Cap Can Help Cut Down on Scary Sights
- Treat & Train to Help Your Anxious Dog
- Training Aids Help Give Your Dog More Confidence
- E-Books on Training and Living with a Scared Dog
- Exercise and Play Toys to Help Relax Your Anxious Dog