AutoTrainer: Stop Barking Using Treats, Not Shock!
The AutoTrainer from Petsafe trains your dog not to bark and keeps him or her calm and quiet all day! The AutoTrainer is an automatic, reward-based training device used to solve problem barking and calm your dog.
Fully automatic and so simple to use â€” no prior training necessary for dog or owner â€” just fill it with kibble and press the "Teach Me" button and then the next day you leave your dog on his own, press "Calm Me" and the dog's barking and pacing are magically reduced. - Dr. Ian Dunbar
- The AutoTrainer teaches your dog not to bark by rewarding quiet. AutoTrainer is a first of its kind and uses tones that train dogs to remain calm and quiet using positive techniques (no shock, or spray or loud sounds!). The collar detects when your dog is barking and when your dog isn't barking, he gets rewarded with treats or kibble. The AutoTrainer will then reward your dog for increasingly longer periods of quiet. Your dog will quickly learn to stop barking! Great for when you are away from home, while in the car or traveling.
- Use your dog's own food: You can use your dog's regular food in the AutoTrainer and the dispenser spaces out your dog's meal, which is perfect for dogs who gulp their food or eat too quickly. (The system will not work with wet or moist food).
- History of the AutoTrainer: During a chance meeting, Dr. Ian Dunbar and Dr. John Watson struck up a conversation about creating a machine that used positive methods to reduce barking. The Doctors tested the new device on barking dogs, primarily at the Berkeley Humane Society. Amazingly, not only did the machine itself to drastically reduce the frequency and number of barks but also, hyperactivity! Many dogs would pace less and instead, settle down next to their electronic buddy.
- Teach Me and Calm Me modes: Teach Me mode will help get your dog used to the machine and Calm Me mode will teach your dog that it pays not to bark!
- Wonder what happened while you were out? View your dogâ€™s bark history on AutoTrainer display screen.
Sizing: Best for dogs 10 lbs and up.
System Includes: AutoTrainer main unit, bark detection collar, two food disks for small or large kibble/treats, power adapter and manual.
Please note: Use the AutoTrainer with one dog at a time to prevent fighting over the treats. If your dog is anxious when you leave or has mild separation anxiety, it's possible the AutoTrainer will help, but only if your dog will eat while you are gone, which you can test using a treat-filled toy.
Return policy: The AutoTrainer is under warranty and is fully supported by PetSafe. However, if you need to return the item we will need to charge a 15% restocking fee for the time it takes to check the machine over for resale.
To view a short video about the AutoTrainer, click the play button below:
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse in California.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $49* is FREE!
For US order under $49 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $49 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.