Ruffwear Load Up Car Harness, Crash-Tested
We love Ruffwear products, so when we heard a new Ruffwear car harness was coming out, we jumped on it and got our tester harness right away. It is beautifully-made, as all Ruffwear products, with a lot of thought and consideration for safety, durability, convenience and your dog's comfort.
- Strength-tested and crash tested: The Load Up harness consists of all-metal, strength-rated hardware and was dynamically crash tested at MGA Research Corp (a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration contracted test facility) under the conditions outlined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213. These same standards are used for child safety seats. Ruffwear designed the seatbelt attachment point low and at the base of the dog’s back to make the harness more comfortable for the dog over long road trips and keep the dog in an upright position in the event of a crash.
- Quick and easy: The Load Up Harness is as simple to put on your dog as a regular harness by using the metal buckles. To safely secure him or her in the car, run the seatbelt through the universal seatbelt loop on the harness.
- Keep your beloved dog (and passengers) safe: The Load Up Harness from Ruffwear will help to secure your dog in the event of a collision or sudden stop. Of course, properly securing your dog with a dog seatbelt also protects your passengers (and yourself) in the event of an accident.
- Road trip approved!: Comfortable for extended wear.
- Ruffwear durability and quality! In black/gray with reflective details.
- Can be used for walks: Simply attach your leash around the seatbelt loop or use a carabineer to attach your leash.There is no leash attachment ring.
- Safety and use notes: Please supervise your dog so that he or she does not chew on the harness. You may also want to add a taste deterrent like Bitter Apple. This harness is not guaranteed if chewed and a dog can make really short work of even the strongest nylon when frustrated! Washing instructions: Secure fasteners, hand wash and air dry.
Shipping: This special order item ships directly from our supplier to US addresses only.
Sizing: Use a soft tape measure or if you don't have one, you can use a piece of string or ribbon. Mark the measurement around the chest and then measure the string. Measure the circumference of your dog's chest by placing the tape measure all the way around the the chest (rib cage), behind the front legs. The tape measure should be flat to the dog, not pulled tight, but not loose.
XXS: 13" - 17" Girth
Click the play button below to view a video:
FREE Ruffwear Direct Shipping via USPS.
Allow 3 - 8 days for delivery.
Please note that if you purchase additional items from the Pet Expertise Warehouse or other Supplier Direct items you may incur additional shipping charges which will be calculated at checkout. To view the shipping cost for an item follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart.
2. Click the View Cart link.
3. Click on the CALCULATE link (on the right side just after the Subtotal).