Leather Martingale Dog Collar from Bold Lead Designs
Bold Lead Design’s unique Martingale Collar is adjustable and has a clip to make it super-easy to take on and off your dog. Handmade from beautiful American leather with high-quality hardware for a collar that will last a lifetime.
- Perfect for training or everyday walks: Use the Leather Martgingale collar as a gentler alternative to a choke, slip, or prong collar. The collar not over-tighten like a choke collar can and some dogs will stop pulling as a response to the sounds of the chain and the slight tightening of the collar. We recommend rewarding your dog for walking nicely on the leash with treats and making sure to stop walking when your dog pulls. More tips on loose leash walking here.
- Great for sight hounds and dogs who can slip out of regular collars: Since the collar tightens a couple of inches when leash pressure is applied, when the collar is properly adjusted, your dog won’t be able to back out of the collar, yet won’t be choked.
- Easy to use and adjustable: Adjust the collar to fit your dog as desired with our special Conway Buckle. There’s plenty of adjustment!
- Easy to put on and take off with a durable clip: No need to slide the Leather Martingale over your dog’s head, just snap the clip to the chain ring. The snap is very secure and will not come undone accidentally.
- Long lasting!: There’s no fussy decoration to fade or wear out. Go ahead, let your dog go swimming and roll in the mud! The high-quality, natural leather will outlast any fabric or synthetic material. A little leather conditioner after a swim, bath, or jaunt in the rain will ensure your collar will last for many years.
- Handmade in the USA of USA vegetable tanned leather and solid brass hardware: The golden tan brindle Leather is 100% American vegetable tanned leather, made with no dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Reminiscent of fine English horse tack, this leather is superior in quality to any other collar you’ve seen. Every collar is hand-oiled to bring out the softness, so your collar arrives supple and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age.
- Best for walks only: Martingale collars are best worn on walks only (and not all day), since the loop is more prone to get caught on furniture, etc. Also, please note that the brass hardware may naturally tarnish and rub off on light colored / white dogs if the collar is left on all the time. The staining is totally safe and will wash off with soap and water.
- Lifetime warranty! Please note that damage due to chewing is not covered by the warranty.
- How about a matching leash?
Sizing: Measure snugly around the top of the dog’s neck, close to your dog's head.
Small: 13-15", 5/8" wide,
Medium: 16-20", 5/8" wide (40-50 cm)
Large: 20-24", 3/4" wide (50-61 cm)
Extra Large: 25-30", 3/4" wide (63-76 cm)
This Item Ships from the Pet Expertise Warehouse in California.
Standard shipping within the continental US for orders Over $49* is FREE!
For US order under $49 standard shipping is $6.75+.
Shipping outside of the US is $24.75 and up.
Exceptions and details about our free shipping offer: Items that ship directly from our supplier, (such as custom made items and large items like crates and gates), are not eligible for our free shipping offer (although they may have their own free shipping!). If an item ships directly from our supplier there will not be a "Pet Expertise Shipping" tab in the product details.
The $49 item total is calculated on items that ship from the Pet Expertise warehouse only. The total is taken before shipping, taxes or discount codes.
To view the shipping cost follow the steps below:
1. Add the item(s) to your cart and click on the View Cart button.
2. Click on the "Calculate" icon. Enter your country and zip code in the form and click Calculate.